miércoles, 24 de septiembre de 2008

First Post

This is post #1 of my first ever personal blog. I've decided to write this blog mostly because I've got a lot to say and because I enjoy hearing myself talk. I will also be living in Costa Rica for the next ten months or so, so I decided to create this blog to express my thoughts, feelings, and opinions while I'm here.

The focus of this blog will be twofold. Firstly, it will focus on my current home country of Costa Rica, its relations with the nation of my birth, the United States, and how I perceive these countries to be similar and/or different. This aspect of the blog will be both personal and intensely political. Secondly, I will use this blog as a forum to express my views on American and international politics, which are informed by my vaguely social democratic political philosophy.

I would greatly appreciate it if anyone and everyone commented on this blog. I believe the exchange of written dialogue is educational and beneficial for all parties involved and I would love to hear people's ideas and what they think about mine.

Here's to hoping that this blog doesn't just parrot the conventional wisdom! As they say in Costa Rica, Pura Vida!

No hay comentarios: